For those of you who would like to know what Madison is up to and just what she is learning "at home" I thought I would compile some examples of her work. Also, for my own record, I know I will love to look back and a year and see how far she has come.
So far this year she began to read, and has progressed at an incredible pace. I am very proud of her for how hard she works.
I have attached pictures, one is of her entire curriculum for this school year. Of which, she has comepleted the history and bible reader, entirely. Keep in mind, she just turned 6, so I would just be sending her off to Kindergarten this coming September 2012. She is more than 1/2 way through the year's assigned 1st grade curriculum, but we will continue into the summer-to ease into 2nd grade and prevent her from losing what we cover. I supplement with various rescources I have been given, amblesideonline is where I get much of that material.
One picture is of just some of our Library books for Science study this coming month.
Included are:
From Sand to Glass, How glass is made, Simple Electrical Devices-how lightbulbs work, Moray Eels, Stealth Bombers, Hummingbirds, Spaceships, Memorial Day, Toucans, Downy Woodpeckers, Giraffes, Birds of Paradise, Hornbills, Crows
Another picture is some of her recent Cursive Handwriting work, Vocabulary-Cursive and Spelling Print work.
In Math, we just covered:Beginning Fractions, 1/2 and 1/4, Money Values and counting, Counting by 2s, 3s, 5s and 10sSimple Addition/Subraction 1-10, Measuring, learning inches, learning centimeters, Writing and reading time ie clocks, Temperatures, Units of measure- Pint/Cup Quart/Pint Gallon/Quart
I take my role as wife, mother and teacher-very seriously. No one takes their education more seriously than I do-I assure you. This is my calling, where I believe God has called me to be. To have a mother present in the home 24/7-who loves, guides, teaches, directs, disciplines and cares for our kids and is 100% available as helper to the husband-this is our ideal family life. To send our children to public schools to be raised by strangers or sitting in a desk for hours a day in a class of 29 other children with 1 teacher-instead of a mother who loves them, is not our family vision. We believe we have a short time to instill in them God's principles and our values before the world will get hold of them.
We have a huge support system with many rescources to offer. This is something we have put much thought and prayer into. We have not made this choice lightly, or out of laziness. Believe me, there is nothing more challenging than for me to teach my own children every day. This is work, it is a job, it is MY job. I am completely invested in every aspect of it.
This is a whole school year summerized in one short page! I will have so much more to share in just a few months!
So far this year she began to read, and has progressed at an incredible pace. I am very proud of her for how hard she works.
I have attached pictures, one is of her entire curriculum for this school year. Of which, she has comepleted the history and bible reader, entirely. Keep in mind, she just turned 6, so I would just be sending her off to Kindergarten this coming September 2012. She is more than 1/2 way through the year's assigned 1st grade curriculum, but we will continue into the summer-to ease into 2nd grade and prevent her from losing what we cover. I supplement with various rescources I have been given, amblesideonline is where I get much of that material.
One picture is of just some of our Library books for Science study this coming month.
Included are:
From Sand to Glass, How glass is made, Simple Electrical Devices-how lightbulbs work, Moray Eels, Stealth Bombers, Hummingbirds, Spaceships, Memorial Day, Toucans, Downy Woodpeckers, Giraffes, Birds of Paradise, Hornbills, Crows
Another picture is some of her recent Cursive Handwriting work, Vocabulary-Cursive and Spelling Print work.
In Math, we just covered:Beginning Fractions, 1/2 and 1/4, Money Values and counting, Counting by 2s, 3s, 5s and 10sSimple Addition/Subraction 1-10, Measuring, learning inches, learning centimeters, Writing and reading time ie clocks, Temperatures, Units of measure- Pint/Cup Quart/Pint Gallon/Quart
I take my role as wife, mother and teacher-very seriously. No one takes their education more seriously than I do-I assure you. This is my calling, where I believe God has called me to be. To have a mother present in the home 24/7-who loves, guides, teaches, directs, disciplines and cares for our kids and is 100% available as helper to the husband-this is our ideal family life. To send our children to public schools to be raised by strangers or sitting in a desk for hours a day in a class of 29 other children with 1 teacher-instead of a mother who loves them, is not our family vision. We believe we have a short time to instill in them God's principles and our values before the world will get hold of them.
We have a huge support system with many rescources to offer. This is something we have put much thought and prayer into. We have not made this choice lightly, or out of laziness. Believe me, there is nothing more challenging than for me to teach my own children every day. This is work, it is a job, it is MY job. I am completely invested in every aspect of it.
This is a whole school year summerized in one short page! I will have so much more to share in just a few months!
Hello! Thank you for the note on Bamboo and the link to your site. :) You are right, it has been too long! So nice to catch up on you and yours for a bit this evening. I am so glad to see that you are homeschooling! It is so worth it.
ReplyDelete