I haven't posted in so long. I wanted to make a point to record a few things that the kids are doing, so I won't forget along the way.
Madison calls mosquitos, Spaguitos..I think that is hilarious. Makes me think of spaghetti and speedos whenever she says it.
Drew calls them BUsquitos. Ha.
The kids ask me questions every day that really stump me, lately it has been, "Mama, why did God make Sharks?" Why are they even thinking about sharks? I am not sure, but I said I didn't know why. Madison said she had better ask daddy when he got home, she bets he'd know. I thought that was pretty precious. They keep asking though, we have yet to come up with anything good.
Drew asked me the other day why Jesus made feet. I was so tickled that he was conteplating these things..and I enjoyed the opportunity to tell him why.
Every night the kids say their prayers before bed, they often pray for Grandpa Hutch, specifically Madison, she wants to make sure he's doing alright up there, in heaven. She asks Jesus to make sure he is okay. It melts my heart every time she says it. They often pray for their grandparents..for grandpa's broken ankle. Drew always remembers to pray for "him's broken weg" and it makes me so happy they remember them.
Pretty soon, the kids and I will have more time together than we have in quite a while. I am so, eagerly anticipating the summer with them! They are so much fun to be around. They pretend and play together all day long, partners..friends. It's awesome. I just can't wait to enjoy the simple things with them again, time holding them. Madison asked me if it meant I'd have time to read to her on the floor again, about made me cry.
Matt has taken up guitar and is progressing so fast, it's awesome. He practices all the time, and sounds really good. I know soon he will be working on specific songs, I can't wait. I just think how awesome it is to raise our kids around music. Our hearts' desire is to be able to share worship music with the kids..how awesome. So exciting.
...
Madison calls mosquitos, Spaguitos..I think that is hilarious. Makes me think of spaghetti and speedos whenever she says it.
Drew calls them BUsquitos. Ha.
The kids ask me questions every day that really stump me, lately it has been, "Mama, why did God make Sharks?" Why are they even thinking about sharks? I am not sure, but I said I didn't know why. Madison said she had better ask daddy when he got home, she bets he'd know. I thought that was pretty precious. They keep asking though, we have yet to come up with anything good.
Drew asked me the other day why Jesus made feet. I was so tickled that he was conteplating these things..and I enjoyed the opportunity to tell him why.
Every night the kids say their prayers before bed, they often pray for Grandpa Hutch, specifically Madison, she wants to make sure he's doing alright up there, in heaven. She asks Jesus to make sure he is okay. It melts my heart every time she says it. They often pray for their grandparents..for grandpa's broken ankle. Drew always remembers to pray for "him's broken weg" and it makes me so happy they remember them.
Pretty soon, the kids and I will have more time together than we have in quite a while. I am so, eagerly anticipating the summer with them! They are so much fun to be around. They pretend and play together all day long, partners..friends. It's awesome. I just can't wait to enjoy the simple things with them again, time holding them. Madison asked me if it meant I'd have time to read to her on the floor again, about made me cry.
Matt has taken up guitar and is progressing so fast, it's awesome. He practices all the time, and sounds really good. I know soon he will be working on specific songs, I can't wait. I just think how awesome it is to raise our kids around music. Our hearts' desire is to be able to share worship music with the kids..how awesome. So exciting.
...
Comments
Post a Comment