I have to admit, I wasn't prepared. At. All.
Madison and Drew have had their first squabble. Literally wrestling over a piece of chalk, with loud, vocal, resistance from Drew. He was clearly, NOT letting go. I am writing these things here so I can save them for all time. I don't want to forget, ever. I don't have a physical baby-book per se, just these electronic notes that one day I intend to pass on to these little stinkers.
Since their first tiff, it has definitely become a regular thing for them. Madison is constantly taking Drew's toys, only to try to replace them with a less desirable instrument. I suspect this has gone on longer than I knew, the only difference being, he is able to put up a stink about it now. His little personality is developing and he definitely is queuing us in on his likes and mostly his dislikes.
Drew LOVES to dance, loves it. Any music, and he's shaking everything he's got to the rhythm. It's totally adorable and I love to see it.
Madison has just started really pretending. She will tell me she is giving me a piece of gum, whatever color I choose and plucks it off of the ribbons on her dress and gives it to me. Sometimes she asks me to spit it out and give it back. I am happy to oblige. She has torn the backs off some of my books and one of the naked books happens to have a pink paper cover (her favorite color) she brings it to me and tells me it's my birthday cake. She sings me happy birthday and tells me to blow out my candles. Every time I take a bite of it, she makes me *spit* it out and put it back! It's funny. Sadly, I'm not even allowed to eat pretend cake! Every day, this kid picks out a fancy dress to wear. She will ONLY wear regular clothes if I am taking her somewhere. She's so young to be such a princess, but she is. The other day I was trying on some clothes in a dressing room and she instructed me to "SPIN mommy, SPIN!" Like she does with all her pretty dresses...I of course spun until she was satisfied. She told me other day she had to find a prince. I had to ask her to repeat herself because I just could not imagine she had said what she did. It was so cute.
When she is in her crib, and supposed to be sleeping, I can hear her on the monitor talking to herself. I listen carefully to the stories she makes up, I need to record them, they are so cute. The other day, she started naming everybody in her family, "Daddy, mommy, Drew, Jady, Ridah, (various grandparents...) Max and Ruby..." Matt and I about died! Max and Ruby are the characters of her favorite show. Another time she was talking about herself, she was a mermaid. Another time, she was asking herself what she was doing...it was so cute..."What you doin' Madis?..."
She is talking amazingly well, she can say and understand anything! She told me the other day after I scolded her for something, "I wouldn't TALK like that Mommy!!" " JUST RELAX!"
Drew still isn't walking, but he could if he wanted to. He has taken a few steps here and there, unknowingly, but as soon as he realizes what he is doing, he sits down. He can kind of say Ella and wiggle. Definitely says "DA DA" directed at Matt when he comes home. He can say ma ma, but I think likes to reserve it for manipulating purposes, ie: to get out of his crib. He has said ba ba, but it's not a habit. Also, lifts his arms and says "up"...at least it sounds like it. He comprehends a lot, and definitely knows when he isn't supposed to touch something. He mischievously smiles at you and proceeds very slowly toward whatever he wants to get...like the phone or remote. When I ask for a kiss, he SOMETIMES leans his head toward me so I can kiss him. He's not returning them yet though. I know he could, he just doesn't seem to want to. He has gotten a bit more ornery in the last few weeks, making his distaste very clear with yelling and swatting...or squirming out of your arms. He likes it when you let him lay his head upside down. Fearless.
They are a joy to watch and Matt and I have been completely blessed to have these little babies. We love them so, so much.
Madison and Drew LOVE visits from their grandparents. All of them. She gets totally excited if she knows one of them is coming. Sometimes she pretends (papa (moo) ) is coming. She tells me, "Pa Pa comin today..." it's cute and sweet. I hope you all know how much she loves you, she talks about each of you endlessly. She mentions each of you at some point every single day. It warms my heart that she has so many grandparents who love her and who visit her often.
Madison and Drew have had their first squabble. Literally wrestling over a piece of chalk, with loud, vocal, resistance from Drew. He was clearly, NOT letting go. I am writing these things here so I can save them for all time. I don't want to forget, ever. I don't have a physical baby-book per se, just these electronic notes that one day I intend to pass on to these little stinkers.
Since their first tiff, it has definitely become a regular thing for them. Madison is constantly taking Drew's toys, only to try to replace them with a less desirable instrument. I suspect this has gone on longer than I knew, the only difference being, he is able to put up a stink about it now. His little personality is developing and he definitely is queuing us in on his likes and mostly his dislikes.
Drew LOVES to dance, loves it. Any music, and he's shaking everything he's got to the rhythm. It's totally adorable and I love to see it.
Madison has just started really pretending. She will tell me she is giving me a piece of gum, whatever color I choose and plucks it off of the ribbons on her dress and gives it to me. Sometimes she asks me to spit it out and give it back. I am happy to oblige. She has torn the backs off some of my books and one of the naked books happens to have a pink paper cover (her favorite color) she brings it to me and tells me it's my birthday cake. She sings me happy birthday and tells me to blow out my candles. Every time I take a bite of it, she makes me *spit* it out and put it back! It's funny. Sadly, I'm not even allowed to eat pretend cake! Every day, this kid picks out a fancy dress to wear. She will ONLY wear regular clothes if I am taking her somewhere. She's so young to be such a princess, but she is. The other day I was trying on some clothes in a dressing room and she instructed me to "SPIN mommy, SPIN!" Like she does with all her pretty dresses...I of course spun until she was satisfied. She told me other day she had to find a prince. I had to ask her to repeat herself because I just could not imagine she had said what she did. It was so cute.
When she is in her crib, and supposed to be sleeping, I can hear her on the monitor talking to herself. I listen carefully to the stories she makes up, I need to record them, they are so cute. The other day, she started naming everybody in her family, "Daddy, mommy, Drew, Jady, Ridah, (various grandparents...) Max and Ruby..." Matt and I about died! Max and Ruby are the characters of her favorite show. Another time she was talking about herself, she was a mermaid. Another time, she was asking herself what she was doing...it was so cute..."What you doin' Madis?..."
She is talking amazingly well, she can say and understand anything! She told me the other day after I scolded her for something, "I wouldn't TALK like that Mommy!!" " JUST RELAX!"
Drew still isn't walking, but he could if he wanted to. He has taken a few steps here and there, unknowingly, but as soon as he realizes what he is doing, he sits down. He can kind of say Ella and wiggle. Definitely says "DA DA" directed at Matt when he comes home. He can say ma ma, but I think likes to reserve it for manipulating purposes, ie: to get out of his crib. He has said ba ba, but it's not a habit. Also, lifts his arms and says "up"...at least it sounds like it. He comprehends a lot, and definitely knows when he isn't supposed to touch something. He mischievously smiles at you and proceeds very slowly toward whatever he wants to get...like the phone or remote. When I ask for a kiss, he SOMETIMES leans his head toward me so I can kiss him. He's not returning them yet though. I know he could, he just doesn't seem to want to. He has gotten a bit more ornery in the last few weeks, making his distaste very clear with yelling and swatting...or squirming out of your arms. He likes it when you let him lay his head upside down. Fearless.
They are a joy to watch and Matt and I have been completely blessed to have these little babies. We love them so, so much.
Madison and Drew LOVE visits from their grandparents. All of them. She gets totally excited if she knows one of them is coming. Sometimes she pretends (papa (moo) ) is coming. She tells me, "Pa Pa comin today..." it's cute and sweet. I hope you all know how much she loves you, she talks about each of you endlessly. She mentions each of you at some point every single day. It warms my heart that she has so many grandparents who love her and who visit her often.
Comments
Post a Comment