Well,
All is well. (thank God)
The neurosurgeon said all is well with Baby Drew. His problem is called "positional molding" and will correct itself in a few years as his brain grows. I was worried about long term effects or problems with brain growth...but it seems there is nothing to worry about. He said the helmets are marketed to parents based on their guilt if they "ignore" the problem. He said insurance does not cover any part of these 3 thousand dollar devices and as your child grows and has to have a new helmet made, you have to pay it all over again. He also said that the same results will be achieved with normal growth. So, that is that. This is a great case of why you should not believe all the research you do yourself online. I read a lot of information on plagiocephaly and all of it pointed to a helmet being beneficial and necessary to correct the problem. I was wrong and I am glad. My baby is okay. Perfect actually.
All is well. (thank God)
The neurosurgeon said all is well with Baby Drew. His problem is called "positional molding" and will correct itself in a few years as his brain grows. I was worried about long term effects or problems with brain growth...but it seems there is nothing to worry about. He said the helmets are marketed to parents based on their guilt if they "ignore" the problem. He said insurance does not cover any part of these 3 thousand dollar devices and as your child grows and has to have a new helmet made, you have to pay it all over again. He also said that the same results will be achieved with normal growth. So, that is that. This is a great case of why you should not believe all the research you do yourself online. I read a lot of information on plagiocephaly and all of it pointed to a helmet being beneficial and necessary to correct the problem. I was wrong and I am glad. My baby is okay. Perfect actually.
This is great great news!!!! I am so glad for you that everything is going to be ok. He sure is a cutie, with that big smile.
ReplyDelete