Our dog ran away. Sad right? But she is a German Shepherd and she's supposed to protect her family...not run away! She went out midday for a potty break and never came back! We were very sad and confused as to what had gotten into her head that would enable her to cease family protection and run off. I called the animal control to report her missing, called every animal hospital and when I got home, began working on flyers with her picture. I strapped Maddy on in her snugglie and started out. I made it to just 6 homes in our neighborhood and began to get sluggish. (a sad revelation as to what kind of shape I am in, I was-a-sweat'n) Matt came home and the search ended, to begin again in the morning. At 4 in the morning (her breakfast hour) I got up to feed Maddy and as I stumbled to the kitchen, I noticed the movement sensor light was on in the front of the house...and there on our porch was our regal dog just chilling out like she always laid there or something. I was so glad for Matt, he loves her so much and I know his little heart was broken by her betrayal. So, she's back..safe and sound with no injuries and no remorse. That's a dog for you. Even the doggie takes advantage of the nanny, just like a kid. Now for an electric fence's ZAPP! She'll never run off AGAIN! just kidding, but seriously.
In other news, Moriah has just gotten her first job. She is thrilled and can't wait to start. What she doesn't know is, standing on your feet for 6 hours when you are not used to it is NOT FUN and oh how her feet are going to ache. I am sure that is the first thing she will be able to report after her first day. I am excited for her though...my first job was at mcdonald's when I was 16 and I was blessed to make some wonderful friends while I was there. It was the hardest job I have ever had...but I still am close to one of the girls I met there...so it was totally worth the $3.25 and hour I made.
Last weekend Matt and I bought some bradford pear trees at lowes and he planted them beautifully the next day. The best part was the "lifetime guarantee" we got with those trees!!! You know why they offer that don't you? They KNOW that in 3 years when your trees DIE, you will never be able to find the receipt to get a replacement! I chuckled to myself when Matt handed me the receipt and said they were guaranteed for life! I wonder where I stuck that darned thing...
In other news, Moriah has just gotten her first job. She is thrilled and can't wait to start. What she doesn't know is, standing on your feet for 6 hours when you are not used to it is NOT FUN and oh how her feet are going to ache. I am sure that is the first thing she will be able to report after her first day. I am excited for her though...my first job was at mcdonald's when I was 16 and I was blessed to make some wonderful friends while I was there. It was the hardest job I have ever had...but I still am close to one of the girls I met there...so it was totally worth the $3.25 and hour I made.
Last weekend Matt and I bought some bradford pear trees at lowes and he planted them beautifully the next day. The best part was the "lifetime guarantee" we got with those trees!!! You know why they offer that don't you? They KNOW that in 3 years when your trees DIE, you will never be able to find the receipt to get a replacement! I chuckled to myself when Matt handed me the receipt and said they were guaranteed for life! I wonder where I stuck that darned thing...
Really cute pictures:) I love the pear tree bit, I too have some roses that are guaranteed for life. I do know where the receipt is though because I do not have a very green thumb. I already had 5 new bushes replaced due to no growth.lol. Only thing is, is that they sent them to me last week...Hello it is 30-40 degrees here in Michigan and the ground is still sorta frozen. I will probably need new ones again. Better luck with your pear trees:) Staple your receipt to the garage wall or something:))
ReplyDelete