Last night I saw the word "compromise" illustrated in a fantastic way. A little bit of history first...Matt and I have been married for 1 year. One thing we do religiously is watch movies as a family. (we have a room with self-built stadium seating in our house dedicated solely to this hobby) Although we have made numerous visits to Blockbuster video, rarely if ever did I leave truly satisfied. We always left with something we could both tolerate, like the recent Wedding Crashers. (Which I did love, but wouldn't be my first pick if it were just me watching)
My personal first choices would include independent films, foreign films and girly stuff like that...Which to say the least, Matt is not completely interested in. I have yet to expose him to anything like that actually. That was, until last night. Let me say, my favorite actress is Juliette Binoche. My favorite book of all time is "Wuthering Heights". So naturally, the remake if Wuthering Heights starring Juliette Binoche was a very exciting choice for me. And for Matt? He sat through the entire movie and didn't even fall asleep. He hated it, sure...detested it probably..but he did it. (although he strongly expressed that he never wanted to see it again...he ever complained)
I was impressed by that. Thank you honey.
In turn, I will be happy to sit beside you in a complimenting jersey and watch your game this afternoon.
Even MORE surprising was that my teenage daughter actually picked the movie. What she really wanted to see was Jane Eyre, but confused it with the other. But even still, what 14 year old wants to see Jane Eyre? That impressed me too. What an interesting little person. I can't wait to find out who she grows up to become.
On another note... Maddy slept all night long....all night people!!! She did wake to eat maybe once, I don't really remember. But I got up just after 8am feeling rested! I don't think I have ever gotten up at that time feeling rested. That is what happens when your body becomes accustomed to being exstatically thankful for sleeping 2 hours in a row.
Thank you Madison.
My personal first choices would include independent films, foreign films and girly stuff like that...Which to say the least, Matt is not completely interested in. I have yet to expose him to anything like that actually. That was, until last night. Let me say, my favorite actress is Juliette Binoche. My favorite book of all time is "Wuthering Heights". So naturally, the remake if Wuthering Heights starring Juliette Binoche was a very exciting choice for me. And for Matt? He sat through the entire movie and didn't even fall asleep. He hated it, sure...detested it probably..but he did it. (although he strongly expressed that he never wanted to see it again...he ever complained)
I was impressed by that. Thank you honey.
In turn, I will be happy to sit beside you in a complimenting jersey and watch your game this afternoon.
Even MORE surprising was that my teenage daughter actually picked the movie. What she really wanted to see was Jane Eyre, but confused it with the other. But even still, what 14 year old wants to see Jane Eyre? That impressed me too. What an interesting little person. I can't wait to find out who she grows up to become.
On another note... Maddy slept all night long....all night people!!! She did wake to eat maybe once, I don't really remember. But I got up just after 8am feeling rested! I don't think I have ever gotten up at that time feeling rested. That is what happens when your body becomes accustomed to being exstatically thankful for sleeping 2 hours in a row.
Thank you Madison.
what a cute couple you are!
ReplyDelete